Author: Bob May 06, 2021 5 min read
They say: the more accurate the brief, the more creative the project. This statement is vital because not knowing the details and features of a project at the beginning of the animation process can cause mistakes and waste of resources later. Moreover, you will have a ruined impression of your contractors as experts, and by trying to change the company, you can often incur financial losses.
To avoid such a situation, it is necessary to communicate your goals, objectives, and wishes before starting a project with your contractor. The more precise the understanding about your needs will be, the more details he receives from you, the better the result of the animation production will be.
Make it a rule to prepare before your first call or meeting with an animation studio. Typically, you will be faced with the standard briefing procedure as a part of the process of animation for clarifying the input data and details of the project. The documented result of the briefing – a brief – will be a starting point in finding the best solution for your needs!
Since you are a co-author of the project, the information in the brief directly depends on your request and specific tasks of the project: so, think about the key points to share in order to carry out the project efficiently. Meanwhile, there are several universal points that must be covered before the beginning animation development we would like to draw your attention to.
So, you made an appointment with an animation studio. Now they need to get to know you and learn as much as possible about your company and product. Remember, that 99% of the clients know their product or service better than any contractor (we usually do not work with the remaining 1%).
Statistically proven that in 90% of the cases the real reason why you are turning to an animation studio with a request to develop an animation project is to increase your company’s level of sales. We are ready to help you to indicate the final points from the common requests.
We know that each client prefers to be briefed in his own way: someone likes to talk in detail about the project on the call, asking his questions and answering ours, sharing wishes along the way. Some clients find it more convenient to fill out the brief on their own, indicating the details in writing. Finally, someone prefers that the agency manager fills out the brief himself, sending it only for verification. We are ready for any of the options described in order to end up with a completed brief that captures all the features of the animation project.
Take our first meeting as the first breath of our future project! Finding out even the details that seem simple and understandable to you, can make a significant contribution to the start and development of the project. All this will help our team to estimate the task accurately at the very beginning and to perform the project efficiently.
We always adapt any brief to the specifics and tasks of each client and company. Check out the Wow-How Creative brief via the link to improve your brief or discuss how to make an animation perfect for your needs with our team.