GAME ART INDUSTRY
Computer games are extremely popular in the modern society; there are many people all over the world who like playing games, and their number increases every day. Game development, including game art, usually takes several years. So, it is natural that the process of game development is very painstaking. In general, this process can be divided into three major stages:
- Game engine development. This part of the process is usually made by programming staff who is working on the software code, which will be the basis of the future game.
- Game art design. It is a process of game concept development. At this stage of game development, the concept of the future game is created. The concept should be stated in the special document, called design document, in which all the rules, description of levels, characters of the future game should be defined for further game art. Game art is the work of visual artists and animators who will visualize settings, levels, locations, characters, icons and other things, which gamers will then see on their screens with the help of painting, 2D and 3D animation. It is usually the longest stage because there is too much work to do.
- Testing. It is the final part of game development process, during which the group of definite people plays the game to find different program bugs and to evaluate game art itself before publication. Thus, the commercial success of this project may be defined by marketing experts.
So, as you can see, game development is not the easiest thing in the world, and that is why it usually takes a lot of time. Nevertheless, game developers must not also forget about millions of gamers all over the world who are waiting for new exciting games, so it is necessary to think about different ways of creating the new game faster.
Why is It Better to Use Game Art Outsourcing?
Outsource is one of the good ways to make the development process faster. In this case, the game development company may hire internal specialists to do the particular part of development process, for example, video game art.
Here are some reasons why it is better to use game art outsourcing:
- Speed. Of course, outsourcing makes the work process faster because the staff of game development company will make the game with the help of external specialists. This point is necessary because of fans who are looking forward to the publication of a new game.
- Money. Sometimes it’s good to use outsourcing because external specialists’ services will cost less than the full staff of designers, animators, visual artists, and other experts. This reason can be extremely essential for a small game development company consisting of programmers only or in case if the budget of game development company is strictly limited.
- Many variants. Different artists and designers have different points of view, that’s why different people usually have different representations about different work aspects, for instance, regarding what one and the same character should look like. Hence, the client company may have many variants of visualization and choose the most appropriate one.
- Experience. People in the staff of the company are always working with similar projects, have definite views on the company’s products, but it’s much better to have experience in different fields. So, it’s clear that external specialists had been working with various companies, are more experienced, and their experience is more diverse and helpful.
- Originality. Internal staff of company has already developed the definite style of different games, and the reason to choose outsource specialists is that they can bring some originality, which will always satisfy many gamers.
All these reasons are extremely significant for game developers who want to make a new commercially-viable product to cheer all the fans of the company after long waiting of a new game release. Hence, if one or even more of these reasons relate to your game project, you should look for a game art outsourcing company.
WOW-HOW – Game Art Outsourcing Studio
WOW-HOW Studio is the video game art outsourcing company consisting of professional graphic designers, visual artists, 2D and 3D animators, and other specialists whose working experience exceeds 10 years. We have already worked with a plenty of consumers all around the world and have the experience in different game development projects. WOW-HOW provides diverse game art outsourcing services; the range of our services includes video game art, painting, 2D and 3D modeling, animation and so forth. We have already developed our own well-functioning algorithm of work with game developers. Usually, we make a special team of our experts who are working only on one, single project, and this is quality assurance of our design.
We may create the design for full game or just produce a certain part of work, for example, characters, locations or levels at the customer’s request. Hence, we can easily help game developers to visualize their games and make them bright, unusual and exciting. We will assist you to release your new game faster because while we are working on the design, your staff specialists will have time to work on the code and other important points to do. The popularity of your software company will also grow if you release new games without any delays. So, never put off something that can be done today till tomorrow. With us, your games will become very colorful and will bring your company many new fans!