"How to" Video
No one read manuals and instructions nowadays. A few people read long texts on the internet about how to use some product, but it is really rare. People especially value their personal time. So, that is why when they need to know about some device or how to succeed in a certain skill, they look it up on Youtube or Instagram. That is why it became a genre of How-to video production in the digital industry. This type of video helps viewers to find answers by their questions.
How-to videos are a genre of short videos where clearly and visibly provides guidance on how to use something. This training video production companies has a very rational application – to train the user how to handle. Such kinds of video are also often called tutorial video production.
It is most important in this video to speak in simple words about complex processes. The speaker explains clearly and step by step how to work with the device or an app. After watching this How to video production a viewer should have a clear understanding how it works. For complex devices or apps it is a good idea to split the tutorial into a series of how-to videos, each dedicated to a particular feature.
Tutorial video production should be structured and use a step-by-step visual method of explanation.
In this genre we often deal with two types of digital video production:
- Telling about how to learn a new skill. For example, how to do evening makeup.
- Telling how to use a particular technology, an innovation. An instruction to apply.
Application of “How to” videos is really wide – from app tutorials to an actor’s tricks for crying.
Most How-to videos are live shot, simplest and cheapest are often filmed with home cameras or even phones and use a speaker or a narrator that talks about the stuff. More sophisticated “how to” uses in-studio filming to make the object shine in its best.
Social media networks have trained users to short instructional video production. Nowadays they last up to four minutes. So, you should show all the benefits and mechanics of your invention in a short time: what is inside, how does it work, what users don’t have to do with it. It is a difficult and interesting task for developers. That is why you should be a little bit creative.
A lot of companies and startups turn to animated How-to videos for their apps and devices, as tutorial animated video has several advantages.
For devices and gadgets as:
- 3D visualization often looks solid and allows different visual effects to be used to make the product look in all seriousness expensive, while self-made shooting often simplifies and makes product look cheaper;
- once 3D model of the device is made, it can be used for numerous videos, making them cheaper to produce;
- It allows to show what’s inside, under the shell, without breaking real devices. Showing what happens beside the curtain adds credibility and helps to understand the product better.
For apps tutorial animated videos How-to:
- are really cost effective as they work with screencasts or UI items animation that is relatively easy to produce;
- allow to focus and highlight crucially important parts with additional pausing, speeding up, effective underlining or slowing important parts – that is really hard to achieve with live shooting;
- are perfect for adding infographics, important notes and other additional data and look consistent and holistic.
The goals of How-to video production are either to show how the product works and to inspire people to buy it or help the users who made a purchase to use the product properly.
Wow-How Studio is a studio that creates cool and bright animation and post-production. We have created a variety of “how to” videos from purely 3D animation based to mixed live video and motion graphics “How to”s for:
- Applications and SAASes
- Blockchain based services and products
- Gadgets and devices
- Industrial machinery and professional equipment
- Bloggers video tutorials
Instructional video production costs can be different, it depends on the idea, technique that will be used in the roll, and on time-content. Our agency uses an individual approach to each task to us.
It doesn’t matter how complicated your product or service, we will help create an easy to get and good looking video how to use it.