Author: Bob Mar 03, 2020 7 min read
Often companies treat logo as a “sacred cow”, managers sometimes feel that animating their logo is a kind of changing it, alike restyling or rebranding and just say “no” automatically.
In today’s fast-paced digital world, businesses need to find creative ways to stand out and capture the attention of their target audience. One way to do this is by animating your professional image. Animated logos are not only visually appealing, but they also offer several benefits for your business.
In this blog post, we’ll explore 5 good reasons why you should consider animating your company logo in 2023. From making a lasting impression and causing an emotional response to increasing engagement and improving brand awareness, we’ll discuss the main benefits of using an animated logo and how it can help your business succeed in the coming year. So, if you’re curious about the power of animated logos, read on to learn more.
Animated logos have come a long way since their inception in the early days of motion graphics. The first animated logo examples appeared in the 1890s, with the earliest ones being simple hand-drawn animations that were created for film studios and production companies. However, it wasn’t until the 1950s that animated logos became more popular, with many companies using them in their TV commercials and advertising campaigns.
In the 1980s, the introduction of computer graphic design and digital animation technology revolutionized the way simple animated logos were created. The first computer-generated logo was produced in 1984 for the film company, Lucasfilm. The animated logo featured a computer-generated graphic of a rotating wireframe globe, which has since become an iconic symbol of the company.
Since then, motion graphics logos have continued to evolve, with the rise of the internet and the increasing popularity of video content. Today, animated logos can be found on websites, social media, and digital marketing campaigns. They have become an essential part of modern branding, helping businesses to capture the attention of their audience and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
In summary, the history of making logo animation dates back over a century, with the earliest examples being simple hand-drawn company profile pictures. With the introduction of computer graphics and digital animation technology in the 1980s, animated logos have continued to evolve and are now an essential part of modern branding. As we move into 2023, we can expect to see more businesses incorporating animated brand logos into their promotional strategies to stay ahead of the competition and capture the attention of their potential customers.
1) A good logo is just meant to be animated! Being a key element of brand identity, the good logo consists of parts: fonts, logo sign elements, patterns that are often recognizable themselves! We guess almost everyone knows the story of the Coca-Cola glass bottle designed to be recognizable even it is broken. Same things with professional business logo animation — it works with the logo elements, retaining the overall recognition. It is often said that potential customers form an opinion about a company within seconds. Make these seconds really full of creativity!
2) Almost every brand desires to speak millennials’ language and be attractive to youth/younger audience. Just look at TikTok, the young target audience that hanging out in it. This social platform consists of video content solely, the language of youth is the language of action, and, as you might guess, the language of video. In just two years, TikTok has emerged to rival companies like Netflix, YouTube, Snapchat, and Facebook with more than one billion downloads in 150 markets worldwide and 75 languages. Patterns of wealth accumulation and buying behavior have shifted from 35+ males long ago, and so did media consumption. Numerous researches point that, for millennials, dynamic (video) beats static (illustration) 9 times out of 10. Still think that a static logo is a good ending for your reel? If not, refer to a creative animation studio for logos improvement.
3) A lot of brands in their positioning refer to “ongoing development”, “moving forward”, “fast reaction”, “speed”, “power” and alike. So, what can deliver those concepts better than actual movement? Why don’t add some to the logo, then? For such brands, it’s a must! When someone tells you about a person who is funny and joyful, would you be sure about that until you see this person joking or at least smiling? Same with the brands. If your brand is about fun, joy, and happiness, you just need a set of the best logo animations to prove it. Make your logo smile, laugh, smell the flowers, dance, and you’ll become closer, making your brand picture similar to even an animator logo. By the way, people adore brands that are not afraid to be a bit ironic about themselves.
4) Do you like Doodles? We too! With a proper logo animation, your brand identity can suit up for important dates, events, and occasions. Each brand has its set of dates: Valentine’s Day logo, Veterans’ Day logo, even “we like Star Wars logo” and “honoring important person’s day logo”. If you are creating a special occasion commercial, you should end up with a special occasion logo. Halloween logo? Yes, please!
5) And Finally — a Mascot! Plenty of brand logos use mascots as a part of their visual identity or even their professional image. The reasons are clear, mascots help deliver the needed brand traits like strength, flexibility, openness and even sophistication. As most of the time, mascots represent living creatures (people, animals, human-like robots, etc.) they are meant to become alive through animation means! This will emphasize needed brand traits and make the mascot friendlier. What’s better than a little, cute kitten? A meowing little cute kitten!
In conclusion, animating your logo can have a significant impact on your business in 2023 and beyond. With the increasing popularity of video content and the growing importance of visual storytelling, a simple animated logo can help your brand stand out and capture the attention of your target audience. Whether you want to increase engagement on social media, make a lasting impression on your potential customers, or improve brand awareness, an animated logo is a powerful tool that can help you achieve your digital marketing goals. So, don’t hesitate to explore the possibilities of improving your logo and animate it according to your branding strategy for the coming year. By doing so, you can take your brand to the next level and stay ahead of the competition in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Moreover, company profile picture animation should not be done just to add some senseless motion, the degree of animator professionalism is determined by how well the animated logo delivers needed brand value. Brands are like people. When we think of motion logo animation, we think of dancing. Some people just don’t dance, and it’s OK, but we like those who do!